2. What personal data is collected
The personal data we collect includes: -
Data collected directly from you. This may be done through our Website at www.homestolife.com, over the phone, by email, through documents such as our order forms or contact forms, or in person when you meet our staff or representatives. The data collected may include, but is not limited to:
- your contact information, including your (first and last name), (billing or delivery) address, birthdate and email address and, optionally, your telephone number.
- other information required to be able to process orders that you place or purchases that you may make, such as information concerning the products you have ordered, the billing and delivery address, banking and/or credit card details.
- the preferences and interests stored in or associated with your account.
- if you have contacted us, the details of this contact and the contact history.
Data collected by automated means. Various technologies may be used on our Website to make it more user-friendly. Such technologies may lead to data being collected automatically by us or by third parties on behalf of us. This data does not generally, but may, contain a user’s personal data. These technologies include but are not limited to cookies, web beacons, tracing links, click stream data and web analytics. You may set up your web browser to block cookies. You may also remove cookies stored from your computer or mobile device. However, if you do block cookies, you may not be able to use certain features and functions of our web sites.
3. How is the collected personal data used
We use your personal data for the purposes of serving you. This includes: -
- providing you with updates, invitations and information of workshops, events, offers, promotions and other communications purposes
- providing you with the services and products that you have requested e.g. notify you of the details of your furniture purchase and delivery status.
- providing you with a convenient and personalised shopping experience.
- contacting you for feedback after a sale of a product or service.
- contacting you if we have questions or information for you regarding your order or to notify you regarding the status of your order or delivery.
We may also use your personal data for purposes connected or relevant to our business, such as:
- complying with our legal obligations and requirements.
- enforcing obligations owed to us.
- research into the development of new products and services or improvement of our existing products and services.
- accounting, risk management and record keeping.
- carrying out research, planning, data and statistical analysis.
- staff training.
If you have consented, we may use your personal data for the purposes of marketing our products and services and those of our strategic partners and business associates (including other companies and business under the HTL Group) e.g. informing you of our latest activities, special offers and promotions. For us to market products and services which are of special interest and relevance to you, we may analyze and rely on your overall interaction with us (such as but not limited to your participation in promotions or events and your interactions with us). If you do not wish to receive such marketing material from us, you may use the “Unsubscribe” feature which is found accompanied in the electronic communications sent to you.
If you have contacted us with any complaints, feedback, comments or suggestions, we may use and disclose your personal data (including your contact history) to respond to you.
When using your personal data to contact you for the above purposes, we may contact you via regular mail, fax, e-mail, SMS, telephone or any other means.
4. Disclosure of information
We will not sell your data to third parties.
- service providers and data processors working on our behalf and providing services such as hosting and maintenance services, analysis services, e-mail messaging services, delivery services, handling of payment transactions, marketing etc.
- our consultants and professional advisers (such as accountants, lawyers, auditors)
In disclosing your personal data to us, you agree that we may transfer your personal data outside Singapore. Please be assured that when we disclose your personal data to persons within the HTL Group or to third parties, we require them to ensure that any personal data disclosed to them are kept confidential and secure and will comply with the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore and other applicable data protection and privacy laws in respect of the collection, use, disclosure, accuracy, access and correctness, protection, retention and transfer of your personal data. We do not provide your personal data to third parties outside the HTL Group for their marketing purposes without your consent. We do not sell your personal data to any third parties. We will also not disclose your personal data to third parties to comply with legal obligations or industry requirements. This includes disclosures to legal, regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities.
If you have contacted us with any complaints, feedback, comments and/or suggestions, we may use and disclose your personal data (including your contact history) to respond to or to facilitate a response to you. If you make a complaint and you do not want us to disclose your identity to the party you are complaining about, you must let us know immediately. However, it may not always be possible to handle your complaint on an anonymous basis.
All personal information gathered is stored in our secure servers and/or under lock and key. All precautions will be taken to ensure that the personal information you provide is protected against unauthorized or unintended access. However, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control.
6. Links to other websites
8. Your rights
|Attention to||Robert Chew, Finance Director|
|Telephone number||6904 0933|
|15 Scotts Road, #09-05, Singapore 228218|
In many circumstances, we need to use your personal data for us to provide you with products or services which you require. If you do not provide us with the required personal data, or if you withdraw your consent to our use and/or disclosure of your personal data for these purposes, it may not be possible for us to continue to serve you or provide you with the products and services that you require.
9. Governing law
10. HTL Group
Reference to the HTL Group shall mean the following entities:
- HTL Manufacturing Pte Ltd
- HTL International Pte Ltd
- Trends Furniture Pte Ltd
- Domicil Pte Ltd
- HTL Furniture (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- Multiport Logistics Limited
- HTL International GmbH
- Domicil Moebel GmbH
- H.T.L. Furniture, Inc.
- HTL Furniture (China) Co., Ltd - HTL Leather (China) Co., Ltd
- Trends Leather (Yangzhou) Co., Ltd
- HTL Furniture (Yangzhou) Co., Ltd
- HTL Furniture Trading Co., Ltd
- HTL Furniture (Changshu) Co., Ltd
- HTL Furniture (Kunshan) Co., Ltd
- HTL Furniture (Huai An) Co., Ltd
- HTL Home (Jiang Su) Co., Ltd
- Hwatalee G.M. (Taiwan) Co., Ltd.
- HTL Australia Pty Ltd